Hello. Here are some Giraffes and some facts about them:
- Eats up to 75 pounds of food a day (typically Acacia leaves)
- Favorite food – Acacia Leaves
- Tongue is 18 inches long
- Have a four chambered stomach and will regurgitate their food for additional chewing – similarly to a cow.
- Typically get most of their water from the Acacia leaf, but will drink up to 10 gallons of water per day.
- Knobs are called Ossicones
- Although rarely heard, Giraffes can moo, hiss, roar and whistle to communicate with one another
I’ll post more tomorrow.